[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2654

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2654
From: <Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:59:38 -0700
RustOleum Satin Black spray cans work well for under hood accessories, with
a gloss very close to GM original.  Fans, brackets, puleys, inner fenders,
etc. look great, the coverage is good and you can do practically invisible
touch ups.  I rub the surface with a scotch abrasive pad and paint thinner
first.  With zero to light surface rust I have had good results without
primer.
Dennis McGillis

------------------------------

> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:46:37 -0700
> From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rust oleum primer
>
> I use it on all undercarriage stuff along with their paint. You can get it
> in quarts at most hardware places. I use exylene for thinner. If the metal
> is wire brushed and washed down with soap and water it stays on better
> than
> anything I've used and looks good too.
> Lee
> Prosser WA