[oletrucks] oil pressure and coil

To: old-chevy-truck <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] oil pressure and coil
From: "luke zsiga" <50chevy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:25:09 -0500
I Rebuilt my 235 and have just recently started it for the first time, i
rigged up a head temp gauge and oil pressure gauge(the old one which the
needle rests on 12psi when turned off). when i start the engine, oil
pressure (according to the old gauge) shoots up to its max travel 30 psi
even at idle (maybee even higher since needle cant move past 30) is this
good? or does this mean that my oil passages might be restricted? Also my
coil started to smoke and liquid bubbled out of the case?but it still works
i just cant have it plugged in to long. I have to jump it since its just
an engine on a frame. i converted my old distributor from points to
electronic ignition, and to 12V so I bought a high rated 12V chrome plated
coil. has any one else converted their original distributor to 12V and
electronic? should i have an in line resistor? I have the dist wires black
on neg side of the coil and pos on positive side of the coil and a power
wire straight to the positive side of the coil.