RE: [oletrucks] Fw: GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work] Really??

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fw: GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work] Really??
From: Bob Keeland <keelandb@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
While it is true that we have oil that is off limits to oil companies (ANWR and
such) it is not true that allowing drilling in those areas will lower gas cost.
It will take years to extract oil in these "off-limits" areas and oil companies
will not drop the cost unless forced to do so. Politicians are supported by big
business such as the oil companies and so it is unlikely that politicians will
do anything to force a reduction. Even if the oil companies are allowed to tap
the "off-limits" reserves, that will only supply the nations thirst for oill
for a couple of years. The bottom line is that we have reached the world wide
half way point in oil extraction. From this point on it is a matter of reduced
production that will only get worse. We will have to find an alternative to
oil.

  What this will mean for our old trucks and the gasoline (diesel) motors is a
very good question. It is hard to imagine my 51 3/4 ton with an electric motor
. . .

  The problem is indeed as much or more the government than the oil companies,
but I question that 9% profit margin for the oil companies. The oil companies
are making record profits these days. When the oil companies were asked by the
government about gouging and the record profits they replied that they woud use
the money for exploration. Yea, right, exploration of the best off-shore bank
accounts.

  BobK
  Bob Keeland
  51 3600 5-window (in pieces)