[oletrucks] Seat covers HELP??

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] Seat covers HELP??
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:57:28 -0600
OK, the crisis da jour is my new seat covers that I bought ready made from a
vendor that issued a 1 day only sale message yesterday @ 1230.  They are
Spanish Grain Maroon and look great in the box but took 3 months to get
here.  I took the covers to a 'person that claims to be an upholsterer' and
the next week I had all of my burb seats in my hot little hands and they
were recovered.  The problem is that some of the bench seats have the piping
(if that is the correct word) on the front of the seat touching the under
side of the knee and the others are smooth in front and the piping is under
the back custom behind your butt.  Some of the back cushons have the piping
on the top and others have it on the bottom.   SOOOO-- either this 'person
that claims to be an upholsterer' has either done one set of seats right and
two sets wrong or the other way around.  I don't know what the small jump
seat looks like and I wouldn't know if it was right or wrong.  I have asked
the manufacturer to please send an email picture of a correctly recovered
seat but have not heard a peep for three days 'cept for the 1 day sale thing
that was issued @ 1230 and I work nights and didn't find out about it until
AFTER THE DAMN SALE WAS OVER.  But I'm OK now, I think, but who knows what
will happen if the dog digs up my flowers or MR. Cat craps on the floor
instead of the cat box again.

One thing that would really be the greatest thing in the world right now
other than having lunch with Catherine Zetta-Jones (or that PMOY02 chick
that had an AD Pcup =8o ) would be to have some PICTURES OF AN ORIGINAL AD
SEAT that shows where this piping goes and which side should be smooth.

BTW  I now have the Burb back from the alignment and tire shop.  I put 235
85/R16s on the back and 235 75/R15s on the front.  One wheel is yellow,
another is olive drab, another is light blue and the last is black.  All
wheels are liberally accented with a shade of rust.  Time to now vacuum up
the mouse turds and cotton mouse bed stuff that were under the front seat.
Maybe a gallon of windex will be used to help clean up 23 years of grime and
mouse games.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb