RE: [oletrucks] 4 link install woes

To: slstusmc@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 4 link install woes
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:29:01 -0500
Steve:
I put an Art Morrison 4-link on my truck 3 years ago.  I bought it super
cheap at a swap meet and had to buy a couple of brackets to complete it
(price was pretty reasonable).  My suggestion is to order another set of
brackets, cut the originals off and reweld.  I can't believe the TCI
brackets are that expensive.  I suspect you're right about premature wear on
the bushings.  Besides, knowing it's not as it should be might drive you
crazy later-on.

My frame was almost 1/4 inch out of square when I measured it and I decided
if it had run like that for almost 50 years a few more wouldn't matter.

I agree with you, I'd be more concerned about the 1 inch offset in your
brackets.

Hope this helps, my 2 cents worth.  Good luck and let us know what you
decide to do.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL