[oletrucks] HELP!! Blown Engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HELP!! Blown Engine
From: InsanityIsBorn@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:03:19 +0000
HELP!!

The 250 engine on my 1951 Chevy 3100 just blew up. The rod blew through my oil
pan then continued upward and exited out through my engine block. I am a poor
student looking for advice on replaceing the motor. While IM at it I would also
like to replace the transmission and the front and or rear end if possible. I
would prefer the front and rear, but might only be able to afford the rear.
What would you guys recomend in the way of this, I would like to get it all
done soon, because I am going to be taking it on a long drive at the end of the
summer so I want it as safe as I can possibly get it. I would like to do as
much as possible, but don't have too much money, nor do i have much mechanical
and technical experience to do a lot of modifications. I do have access to a
welder if need be so.

Can anybody please tell me what is the best or most readily available donor car
for the parts I need with the least amount of mods and money.

Thanks a lot in advance

Kiel P