RE: [oletrucks] Back Up Light Switch (Cameo & Suburban Carrier

To: <dcvjrv@comcast.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Back Up Light Switch (Cameo & Suburban Carrier
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:43:15 -0500
That's going to be tough to find Jim.  It is not listed in either of the
GMC Master Parts Books that I have.  I'll check the Chevy Assembly
Manual tonight.

I put back up lights on my '57 GMC.  I used a lever-actuated microswitch
(left over from a late 60's computer card reader) and a home-made mount
onto the steering column in the engine compartment.  The switch is
activated by the arm of the neutral-safety switch on my Hydra-Matic
linkage.  Has been working well in daily driver service for 7+ years,
but I know you are a stickler for originality, so it probably isn't the
answer for you.  But if you want a picture just say so.