[oletrucks] proportioning/combo valve

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] proportioning/combo valve
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
im sure this has been hashed to death.
you are on the right track with an 81 camaro combo valve. its the right
ratio providing you are using GM front calipers fromt eh 73-81 vintage
and rear drums from a similar year-and similar size to the camaro.
it is VITAL that you get teh right lines going in the right holes.
that one little chunk of steel holds many wonders and will make
plumbing easier and better-if you hook it up right.
that nub on the top with the electrical connection-thats for your idiot
brake light that says;
(your pressure isnt high enough to stop you!-pull over and add brake
fluid or check for leaks!!!)
the single to the rear is for the single line to the rear axle
then the other 4 are for front from master, rear from master, left
front brake, right front brake.
that valve holds the residual check valve for your disc and drums
brakes, it proportions them properly, splits them to the right set of
wheels! =)
they are available new for under 100$ if yours is chuncked up. try
classic industries(camaro restoration) and i found one other place.
the camaro ones work AWESEOM 73-81 for trucks 47-59 as the base wieght
and the wieght bias is almost identical. and since GM brakes are real
common.
i have one in my truck-works awesome with teh properly size manual
master(1" bore)
i also have one in my 52 panel. it does well but with my posi the rear
axle tends to overpower the front brakes a bit if im stopping on
high-idle on gravel. the rear keeps rolling a bit and pushes the locked
front wheels. but thats only if im stuck on high idle(over 2,000rpm)
and on loose gravel.
let me tell you on pavement coming from 70-80mph to zero it stops NOW!
its gotten me out of so many idiot drivers way!
mark

http://woodsonappraisal.com/

http://customclassics.org

write your congressman.