[oletrucks] Disc Brakes

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Disc Brakes
From: "Tom Warner" <twwood@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:37:56 -0400
I've told this story before, But feel it must be time again,
about 15 yrs ago my 58 had all rebuilt front end, bushings,
kingpins rod ends, brakes etc. it drove and turned easily. One
day there was a Bmw stopped at a signal in front of me, and when
the light turned green, he didn't go. I jammed the brakes, and
nothing happened, ran into his rear at about 20 mph. later I
found that one of my 35 year old brake drums had split across and
around the dia. NO BRAKES.
I now have 4 wheel disc brakes and they work very well.

Tom Warner
58 Short Fleetside
Florida's Treasure Coast

http://TomWarner.com