[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2738

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2738
From: SteveColumbusGA@wmconnect.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:29:21 EDT
I've done a lot of dealing with LMC & Chevy Duty aka classic   ----whatever
they call themselves now.  I will print a copy of the parts dealers listed on
this digest for further reference.  I found, ask LMC a question,  their answer
are, we are just a parts warehouse, we have no one that can tell you
anything.......then I ask how about the man at the top, somebody has to know
something
and how about someone up in the heiararchy, they have to buy these parts
somewhere, ----they just repeat---we are just a warehouse sir, we are required
not
to give out any of our venders names..   Well when you are looking for a hard
to find part, they certainly won't give you any resources----.  Sorry to say,
but that is one of the unfortunate outcomes of computer sociaity.  The
computer has a memory, the dummy at the keybord is usually a  minimum wage desk
jocky
with no skills or knowlodge, same goes with the ones on the telephone.
Classic parts was a little more forthcoming, at least they would transfor my
to someone with a little knowlodge,  and the guy (with knowlodge)  told me to
call him 30 minutes later because he would have to check the warehouse, both
these places know each other they are both in Kansas, therefor they compete.
At least I got back to the Chevy Duty guy, and he I believe honestly tried to
find an old part for me in his warehouse, yet no longer in stock in the
catalouge. Still he said they sometimes rebuild, and was trying to locate an
old
core for me,  well other than the normal telephone jockys, I think he really
tried to help, yet to no avail.    Now adays is like going to Auto Zone, or
Advance,   I told one of them to get their employees shirts that say----IF IT
AIN'T
IN MY COMPUTER,   I'M STUPID.   Needless to say, they don't like to see me
walk in when I'm looking for something simple.  There's no such thing as
customer
service any more, like shopping at Wal-Mart, Auto-Zone, Lowes, Home-Depot,
the list go's on and on.  I would like you all to tell me who is the best when
you are looking for parts and have somewhat difficult issues.  The old parts
guy down the corner doesn't exist anymore, he's been run out of town by the bix
box giants.  I know the feeling.
About the Auto Zone, here's a story, -- the young men & women are doing their
job, some, not so friendly, probably lazy,  the hip hop music scorching like
a loudspeaker, some ok---an old 80 year old man working there, hunted me up a
few 1and 1/2 inch 8-32, stainless, socket head cap screws,I needed badly, to
revamp my old stripped carburator threads---prior to finding him, another
worker when asking for the same thing,  found me a 5 packet of sheet metal
screws--
 -- 2 days later, he   (the old man)  was the guy carying the plastic garbage
bags out to the sandman dumpster.  I asked him why is he doing this, these
dummys inside know nothing, he said thats just what they have him doing, he
told
me he worked on old cars for over 40 years, and just wanted to work still.  I
shop one of the Oreillys here, the guy there has over 23 US Army years, and
probably knows more than me, now when I need help I know were to go.   your
friend Steve