Re: [oletrucks] 55 TF hood question

To: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 TF hood question
From: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:14:30 -0500
Tom Cooper wrote:
> Will the hood from a 57, 58, or 59 fit on a 55? I know the 59 has humps
> on the sides, and the emblem is much larger, but will they fit.
> Also what does a good hood go for in some of your areas? When I say
> good, I mean light rust, but no need for bondo. I am curious if the guy
> that has the hood I am looking at is trying to take me to the cleaners.
> Has anyone bought a hood from any of the online distributors and if so
> how did it fit?

The hood from a 56 or 57 will fit on a 55 but I don't believe the 58 or
59 will do so. I think there are issues with the mounting hinges (I know
  the hinges are different) and I don't believe it will lay against the
earlier fenders properly.
I sold an extra hood years ago for 40 bucks but I had to get rid of it
so I took a loss.