[oletrucks] 58 Panel Update

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 Panel Update
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:38:17 EST
Thanks for all of the encouragement and information.  I am still  cutting my
teeth on the restoration of old vehicles.

Installed the new fuel pump, put in a new fuel filter and cleaned up the
spacer under the carburetor and she fires right up.  Can't find a  replacement
gas tank for the 58 panel.  A 1986 to 89 Ford Aerostar gas tank  looks like it
will fit.  I will probably have to fabricate some supports  and use different
tank straps.  I am open to all suggestions.

With the motor running and the valve cover off, what should I look for, to
determine if there is adequate oiling of the valve train?

Once the entire fuel delivery system is up and running and I am sure that
the motor is well oiled, I will install the power brake booster, replace the
wheel cylinders brake shoes and lines.

With a little luck, she might be ready for inspection and driving.

Thanks in advance for your help.  Happy Holidays to all!

Rick Kremer
54 5 window
58 Panel