[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2790

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2790
From: Larry Bearfield <larry@fernscountrystore.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:15:19 -0500
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:26:00 -0800
> From: "john howard" <johnhoward37@sympatico.ca>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Next Year
>
> I have a question to end the year....hopefuly next summer I'll have my
> 46
> chevy panel out and running (far from
> completion)  and I'm  sure  sounds and heat will easily transfer
> in....Has
> anyone on the list any suggestions as to
> keep the noise and heat out ...I know that one can purchase sound
> deadner
> sheet for inside's...but I thought
> someone out there might give me other suggestions...thank you in
> advance..
>
> Wishing all good health and happness for the holiday season...john

John,

Go to www.Stovebolt.com - if you haven't already registered there - do
it!
The Forum there has discussed sound deadeners at length and there's LOTS
of great info... and info about everything else as well!

Basically, what you will find is lots of folks using a self-adhesive
roofing product that comes in a
roll - I think it's like 12" x 12' or more. It has a foil on one side
of it. I put it down over the entire
floor of my truck... then I went to a carpet store and got jute padding
and layed that down. Then the carpet.
One tip.. I ran wires under it all to the back of the cab for any
future electrical needs (speakers, etc).

And finally, pull your door panels off and take a couple of the
adhesive strips and put them onto the door skin.
You don't need to do the entire interior door, a couple of strips will
do.

All of this has helped considerably - with both noise and keeping the
interior warmer in the winter (mine is a daily
driver) - some shots here:  http://fernscountrystore.com/foto_chevy.htm

Good luck!

LarryBear

Larry Bearfield
Proprietor

Ferns Country Store
"We're right heah in the village center"
8 Lowell Road
PO Box 31
Carlisle, MA 01741
m.617.584.5001