[oletrucks] Re: body filler vs glazing

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: body filler vs glazing
From: Keith Durand <kdurand@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:20:39 -0500
Many people have had good luck with Evercoat Rage filler. I think this
is the same one my jobber has in their own packaging, and it works well.

I have used glazing many times-- for filling pinholes and finishing
filler, straight over metal for small imperfections, and for finishing a
nose for a race car that had waves in it from the mold. It goes on
smooth and feathers nicely. Only use the stuff with the hardener. I used
two different Evercoat products, depending on what the jobber had at the
time. They both worked fine.

It's just kinda expensive. If I need to fill less than about 1/16," I
use the putty. If I need to fill more than that, I keep hammering. As a
result, there's more glazing than filler in my truck.

Keith