[oletrucks] 235 Oil Pump Removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Oil Pump Removal
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:31:33 EST
Well the problem with oil not reaching the valve train looks like it was  the
5/16 of oil sludge in the oil pan.  Figured I would drop the oil pump  and
clean the whole works.  Can't figure out how to remove the oil  pump.  It looks
to be held in with two bolts from the outside of the block  but I can't seem
to find a socket that fits.  Any advice from you sage  stovebolters?

In the mean time, I dropped the bottom half of the pump and the sump and am
soaking them in kerosene.  Is there any chance that this is all that I will
need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rick Kremer
54 5 window