RE: [oletrucks] patch panels

To: tntcoop@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] patch panels
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:35:34 +0000
the part your refering to is the pillar patch panel, they come in 2 pieces.
the install is pretty straightforward. here is the order from
mothertruckers.net items 1 & 4, not something you could easily make.
1 x 55-59 LOWER DOOR FRONT PILLAR (712) = $34.00
        side passenger side
1 x 55-59 ROCKER PANEL WITH STEP (702) = $59.00
        side passenger side
1 x 55-59 FLOOR PAN WITH TOE SECTION (622) = $59.00
        side passenger side
1 x 55-59 FRONT PILLAR LOWER OUTER POCKET (766) = $26.00
        side passenger side
1 x 55-59 OUTER CAB CORNER (715) = $56.00
        side both
1 x 55-59 ROCKER PANEL WITH STEP (702) = $59.00
        side driver side
1 x 55-59 FLOOR PAN WITH TOE SECTION (622) = $59.00
        side driver side
i have 1 cab corner in, the fit was good, again you have to trim some to
make them fit right.
i don't have pics yet. i have found that all patch panels need some trimming
to fit properly. i also had to patch the lower hinge pocket, used just the
bottom of the hinge opening with the nut welded on it as the rest was ok.
all the panels we as heavy or heavier than the originals.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...