Re: [oletrucks] FW: Ram Jet

To: "George Perez" <g.perez@charter.net>, <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] FW: Ram Jet
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:36:04 -0800
I will be installing a fuel injected Chev LT 1 in mine - will require engine
harness ( Painless $795 looking for less expensive ) - fuel pump in the tank
( I'm adapting a
" in the tank pump / sending unit " from a 96 Chev P U to my 47 Chev side
tank. You need a fuel return line for fuel injection back to the tank ( can
go to filler neck ) if you use a out of tank pump.

Will be a lot of work but think it will be worth it - traded in my old GMC
w/185000 that had not coughed once in 9 yrs with full injection. Thinking
old trucks sit a lot - should always start w/out fussing w/fuel injection.

Jim