[oletrucks] Newby Q's

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Newby Q's
From: "Dean Stoops" <ddstoops@ligtel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:40:46 -0500
Hi guys!

Well, I just purchased a 54 Chevy panel. It is partially restored with a TCI
front suspension including disc brakes. There is a camaro rear already
installed. I'd like to install disc brakes on the rear as well. I'm curious
where others have sourced the disc brakes and the brake lines needed for the
conversion. Also I'd like to remove the side vent windows. It seems that I
saw an article on-line regarding the removal but I can't find it now.
Anybody remember seeing it? Lastly I'm wondering about the door latches. I
have seen later model latch assemblies installed on earlier vehicles but
there was a lot of body work involved. If I rebuild the stock latches would
they be safe for todays highway speeds or is there a more secure option?

Thanks for any reply!!!

Dean

www.kimmellhouseinn.com <http://www.kimmellhouseinn.com/>