[oletrucks] Steve McQueen's 58 GMC Pcup

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] Steve McQueen's 58 GMC Pcup
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:09:18 -0600
I just got a copy of 'Hagerty Fast Times' vol 2, issue 2, summer 2007 and it
has an article about Steve McQueen's 1958 GMC.  The Idaho license plate is
MCQ3188 for the ID number he was assigned when he was sent to reform school
as a child.  It figures that a juvenile delinquent would drive a TF GMC.
;-)  If he was a hard core delinquent he would have an AD GMC, probably a
1954.  BTW - The restored Pcup sold for $128,000.00 after he died.

Question,-- Are GMCs referred to as AD and TF like their more numerous
Chebby cousins? ICCHEE, now my head hurts so I gotta go. =8)

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb
54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window