Re: [oletrucks] Re: Trouble Shooting Overheating

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Trouble Shooting Overheating
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:19:16 -0400
mark wrote:
> hey tom and the rest of you wanting electric fans
>
> all i can say is RELAY, RELAY, RELAY.
>
> if you install a fan-use a relay and use BIG fat wire to get the
> power there.

I certainly agree with that, Mark ... and *double* relays, at that!
And, further, I strongly recommend (as you suggest) getting *full*
power to the fan ... my solution was a terminal block on the firewall
that will deliver a full 14 volts.  And even further still, I
strongly advise a fusible link rather than any kind of fuses or
circuit breakers.

See it *all* explained here:
http://alanhorvath.com/54chevy/mad_electrical_2.php

Alan