[oletrucks] 261(s) in Greeley Colorado

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] 261(s) in Greeley Colorado
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 02:59:42 -0600
Greetings and salutations,

I finally went back out to the yard west of Greeley and found out more on
the 261(s) there.  Yes there are two in vehicles.  Both have head castings
of 3836850 and one has block # 3769925 and the udderun' is # 3759365 which
means (according to the Jim Carter web site) that they were cast between
1958 to 1962.  9925 is missing the oil filter, carb and starter.  9365 is
complete except for the oil filter which is like the regular 235 filter
ceptin' longer.  It has the small oil lines, not the 3/4" ones which is
probably adapted down.  I didn't scrape off the crud to verify the adapter
cuz it was a hot day and a few wasps didn't like me being there so I left
the area.

The yard guy says (this time) that he wants $150 each plus $50 core and you
(we?) have to take them out.  I will verify with as picture as to how much
the price really is so we won't have a price hike after removal is complete.
  " Oh you meant THAT engine!  Those are $250."  KnowhatImeanVern?  Seems
like the one missing parts should be cheaper.

I will guide anyone there for a cold coke and a burrito.  Texans get first
chance at the one with the wasp nest. ;-)

PS.  There is a new member of the Colorado POSSE now guarding east US 36.
Be forewarned cuz he is one mean hombre whose motto is, "Shoot first and ax
questions later" especially for vehicles with white plates with black
letters and a star on them.  Just one more way to keep old GM Colorado iron
in Colorado.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb