Re: [oletrucks] Structural integreity

To: slstusmc@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Structural integreity
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:51:08 EDT
I to set up my truck frame to accept a 305 with a 700R4 but switched over  to
a LT1 & 4L60E.  Fatman's tubular motor mounts were installed.   The engine is
centered.  A small tranny hump was welded into the floor  pan.  I am using a
1989 GMC full size van steering column that exits the  firewall high enough to
be out of the way.  I had to use 3 u joints in the  steering and mount a heim
joint over the frame rail but was finally able to  clear the header tubes
with the steering.

Hope this helps.  I can send pics if needed.  Good luck.

Rick

54 5 window
58 panel