[oletrucks] I aint got no fuel

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, old-chevy-truck
Subject: [oletrucks] I aint got no fuel
From: "luke zsiga" <50chevy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:18:35 -0500
hey guys,

I removed my original gas tank and installed a new one from a blazer where
my spare tire used to hang. and now when the truck sits for long enough the
fuel drains out of the lines. I guess back into the tank? but anyway after
it sits for a while all the fuel in the glass bowl on my fuel pump is gone
and it wont start, and i have to undo a fitting and fill those lines back up
before it will start to pump fuel again.

Do I need an additional electrical fuel pump to prime the system before I
start it? or how can i fix this?

I'm guessing that the new tanks location is not high enough to provide
enough energy to push the fuel up over the engine to where the carb sits?

Thanks for your help,

Luke