[oletrucks] engine swap - '84 chevy G20 van 350 engine to '57 3100

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] engine swap - '84 chevy G20 van 350 engine to '57 3100
From: "Captain Kirk" <thecaptainkirk@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:59:33 -0700
Hey Gang,

Another question on the engine swap topic; the '84 Chevy Van 350 engine is
computer controlled (or at least I think it is from the looks of the black
box under the drivers seat labeled "computer"); and so I'm wondering ....
how can I do without the computer?

I also don't know if it's fuel injected or carbureted (I'm a rookie at
this); but if I want fuel injection do I absolutely need a computer?

Basically, I'd like to simplify the whole '84 engine system by getting rid
of smog stuff etc.  to something much simpler and that more closely
resembles the engine that came OUT of the '57.

Thanks,
Kirk
'57 Chevy 3100
Mira Loma, CA 91752