Re: [oletrucks] Air compressors

To: "Dave Shier" <daveshier@hotmail.com>, "OleTrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Air compressors
From: "Mike & Inez Plucker" <impluck@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:13:59 -0400
Dave; The choices for an air compressor is related to just what are you
going to use it for. You will need to determine the air tool that will be
using the greatest volume of air in cfpm (Cubic feet of air per minute) Some
time called SCFPM. This tool and any others that may be used at the same
time will determine how big or what volume your compressor will need to put
out. I use a 6" DA sander that has an air consumption of about 14 cfpm, this
is the largest cfpm tool that I have, I also use a impact wrench at the same
time. There fore I purchased a compressor that puts out 18 cfpm at 90 lbs
psi. I ended op buying a single phase, 220 volt, 7 hp, two stage compressor,
set at 175 psi on an 80 gal vertical tank. This compressor has worked out
very well for me and I am well pleased with it. I have never had to stop and
wait for the compressor to catch up. Something else, you must use a pressure
regulator, between the tank and your tools. The pressure to your tools must
be regulated to the max pressure recommended by manufacturer or less.

This outfit  will have a compressor to fit your needs, give them a call and
see what they say.    http://www.eatoncompressor.com/page/page/504413.htm

Sears is the outfit I purchased mine from.
Oh Yah cost is always a factor, I got the biggest that I could afford, that
is in cfpm and volume of tank.

Mike 50 3100 been there done that.