[oletrucks] 235 engine parts

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 engine parts
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:24:34 -0700
Hi all,

I have my engine apart and now I have a few questions about parts.  The only
on-line supplier of parts I have found is Jim Carter's Classic Truck Parts.
Are there any others I should check out? Anybody have experience with Jim
Carter? Mostly I need rings and rod bearings and gaskets.

They have 2 types of rear seal listed, rope and neoprene. Is there a marked
advatage to the neoprene? Any disadvantage?

It appears that someone added an oil line between the oil filter and a fitting
on the side of the head and then crimped the tube on top of the rocker arm,
why would they do that? I'm thinking it is an oil return rather than a supply,
but I could be wrong.  Should I remove it and try and replace the rocker arm
tube? I don't see any replacement parts for it anywhere. is it standard copper
tubing?

Thanks for any help,
Bob