[oletrucks] Clutch Fork Clip / Vendor Customer Service

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch Fork Clip / Vendor Customer Service
From: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
Friends:

I am looking for the Clutch Fork Spring Keeper (Retaining Clip).  I
starting by contacting classicparts (who I use for all of my parts) and they
said the part is $1.99 (not bad)---BUT the shipping is $7.95.  Surely that
can't be right, so I contacted them and they informed me that they don't make
ANY money on shipping.  Sure could fool me.  Also, contacted a few other
vendors (LMC Truck and Obsolete Chevy) which gave similar figures.  Their
stories, respectively, were that is what the post office charges and our
pacakge gets on a conveyour belt.

If these places were smart they would have
a Frequent Buyer's Club (like Eastwood) where you pay a one time fee and you
get free standard shipping for a year on all purchases.

I have checked the
FLAPs and if it isn't in the computer then they can't find it.  What happened
to the days where you would pull out the paper catalog and find it.

Any help
on locating one that does not include 300% - 400% shipping charges would be
greatly appreciated.  By the way it is for a 1956 Chevy 3100

Thanks,

Kent
Butler
'56 Chevy 3100