[oletrucks] motor mounts

To: gladsons@shaw.ca, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] motor mounts
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:33:20 -0800 (PST)
when i did my 51 panel i used camaro suspension in front.
i set my frame VERY low in relation to the camaro subframe. in
restrospect-a little too low but it worked out.
HOWEVER.
my longtube headers on SBC dragged bumps and generally got in the way
of anything on the ground.
i put 1.5" spacers under factory motor mounts.
worked great. i welded them on and then drilled holes for MM bolts.
had a buddy who worked at machine shop and on his truck he used solid
plate and tapped holes in his 1" spacer.

the most important thing to consider is making your intake manifold top
LEVEL front/back, side/side...
and fake it up a few times with trans attached to make sure you have
trans/firewall clearance vertically.
mark

-------------------

Happy New Year to everyone. I have a 1951 Chev 1/2 ton pick up truck
that I'm building to a mild street rod. I cut the front of the old
frame off and welded on a front end from 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
(similar to a Monte Carlo) I'm putting in a 350 engine with 700r4
tranny. I want to use the GM mounts that came with the 350. My
question is setting the engine height. I'm thinking of using channel
iron to attach the mounts to. The channel iron will be welded to the
cross member. This will raise the engine about an 11/2". Does anyone
have any suggestions? Thanks
Clark Gladson

http://customclassics.org

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs