RE: [oletrucks] 58 door wire harness

To: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, old-chevy-truck
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 58 door wire harness
From: Carl & Becky Ham <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:58:56 -0600
Kurt:
If you're going to use electric windows and speakers, I'd advise against using
button contacts.  With the door open, you can't roll the windows up/down or
listen to the stereo.

Although I've not yet put in electric windows or solenoid poppers, when I
wired my truck several years ago I ran the wires into the doors anyway.  I
bought a set of stainless steel door jamb conduits (or looms) that were a
simple flexible spring with rubber grommets for the door jamb and door, and
plastic sleeves that fastened to the spring ends inside the jamb and door to
keep the springs from sliding-through the grommets.

I don't remember who I bought them from, but Speciality Power windows sell
several conduit sets with prices ranging from$30-$50.  AutoLoc is another
vendor that sells door looms sized by the number of wires you want to run
through them.  Their prices range from $14-$35.  Check some of the on-line
catalogs, I'm sure there are other vendors too.

Hope this was helpful, Good luck on your project.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL> From: kjohlgren@hotmail.com> To:
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com; oletrucks@autox.team.net> Subject:
[oletrucks] 58 door wire harness> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:13:36 +0000> >
looking for ideas for a wire harness into the doors of a 55-59 truck. what>
have you people used? i've seen regular folding wires, sliding harnesses and>
button contacts. looking to put door solinoids, electric windows and
speakers,> 7 wires total.Kurt 58 3100 Apache