[oletrucks] wiper question for 50 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] wiper question for 50 3100
From: "mike layton" <mlayton64@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:22:51 -0500
well, i while back the transmission died in my 50 3100. got it back
yesterday, so all is good in my world. went to use the wipers yesterday and
no go. i have completely stock vacuum wipers that have always worked fine.
obviously the tranny fix had nothing to do with the wipers. i checked the
large vacuum line from the intake to the motor and its good and its plugged
on all the way. linkages and so forth are hooked. when i cut the dash switch
on, the wiper arms move to the edge of the glass but dont come back. i am
hearing a hissing sound from the motor area while the wiper is stuck. and
when it finally does come back, also a hissing air sound. you can cut the
switch on and off and the wipers will move back and forth but slowly. does
the motor have a diaphram or something that could be ruptured ?  the factory
shop manual didnt give me a lot of info on that itself. wondering if any of
you have experienced this and can assist. ive used the old stock wiper sysem
for about 9 years now and i like them fine.

mike layton
1950 3100
wedgefield sc