[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2966

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2966
From: <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:58:56 -0800
Hi Mike,

My friend is also restoring a '53 Chevy car for VCCA shows duty and offers
the following comments.

"I ordered it through Eastwood. Chevy blue engine paint in spray cans.
Perfect matching shade of blue. The whole engine is painted that color, with
the exception of the manifold, which is sort of cast iron gray. The Oil
canister is also usually painted blue, but I've seen it black. I'm not sure
which is original. I've also seen the canister cover painted orange, blue,
or black.  I've painted my canister blue with an orange cap."

Good luck!
Dennis