RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs

To: "KremerRAK@aol.com" <KremerRAK@aol.com>, "oletrucks@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:07:52 +0000
Using GMC as an example, the GMC Master Parts Book shows two rear springs (7
leaves or HD 8 leaves) for 1/2 ton models, three rear springs (two stage 9
leaves, single stage 10 leaves and two stage 10 leaves) for 3/4 ton models and
two rear springs for (both 8 leaves) for 1 ton models, all for 1958.  I don't
know if Chevy provided the same array of options.

I bought a new set of front springs from Eaton Detroit Springs over a year
ago.  The guy who took my order knew that there were three different springs
for my application and told me that they could make any of the three in
"normal" or "lowered" models by changing the direction of the curl for the
spring eyes.  They built and delivered in less than a week.  I was very happy
with their service.  Having said that, I've heard other people bad-mouth them.
Maybe I was lucky enough to get the right sales guy.