[oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 2

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 2
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:30:21 EST
Thanks for the replies to my first posting on rear leaf springs.   Eaton is
able to make a set of springs for my 58 panel for $379 a pair plus  shipping of
$65.  A local shop wanted $275 each to make them.  Both  companies said that
the correct spring has 7 leaves, measures 52" long and 2"  wide.  They have a
bronze bushing in the front and a threaded bushing in  the back.

I am interested in functionality and performance rather than keeping purely
original.  Can anyone tell me if I can replace these springs with ones  using
bronze bushings on each and with a different shackle?  If so, what  truck
would have the same dimensions so I can order based on them?

The 58 is supposed to be my low budget beater, while the 54 will be the  high
end daily driver.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Rick Kremer

54 5 window