[oletrucks] RE: 55-59 V-8 mounts

To: Karl Eastman <drbogus2@yahoo.com>, old-chevy-truck
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: 55-59 V-8 mounts
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:02:32 +0000
there are no stock v8 side motor mounts. stock v8 mounts are on the bell
housing and the front of the motor. if you are keeping the stock trans and
bell housing mounts, then use the stock type front mounts. you may have to add
these to your front x-member. if you are changing the trans to a x-member
mount, then you need to also change to side mount on the motor. the ones i
have are weld in, they weld to the top and bottom flange of the frame. i
changed my truck to a must II front end and moved the motor mounts.
use the forum for your questions, don't be afraid to ask questions. there is a
wealth of info out there that people are willing to share. welcome to the
group. i'm located west of motown. if your still interested i can send a photo
when i get home.Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps
going... and going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not
screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car.  > Date: Wed, 13 Feb
2008 00:43:09 -0800> From: drbogus2@yahoo.com> Subject: 55-59 V-8 mounts> To:
kjohlgren@hotmail.com> > Hello, I am NEW to this. I do however have a 59>
shortbed fleetside and a 59 3/4 ton longbed steside,> and lastly a 59 1/2 ton
shortbed step side. > > My question to you is...are the side motor mounts>
aftermarket or...stock???> > I have a small block I would like to install in
my> stock 58. I have a 283 and also a 350 I could use. > > I have some parts
and so on that I am also selling.> I have a 59 shortbed fleetside for sale on
Craigslist> in Louisville for $500.00 with FREE shipping within> 100 miles of
Louisville, Ky.> > Please let me know regarding the mounts, and attach> some
photo's if possible.> I have not yet picked up and assmbly manual.> > What
part of the country are you in?> > Thanks, Karl in Louisville, Ky.> > >
_______> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. >
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give.