[oletrucks] GMC and electric wiper motor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC and electric wiper motor
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:01:09 -0500
Doing some research and understanding that regarding electric windshield
wiper that the chevy electric wiper motor offered by the vendors will not
fit the GMC truck versions--specifically look at the 55 1st series GMC's.
The vendors state that the motor will fit GMC and CHEVY, but most say this
is not the case the chevy wiper motor will not fit the GMC's. I thought the
cab layout was pretty much the same. I also found a place that rebuilds the
vacuum motor http://www.wiperman.com/ for a pretty good price and
guarantees them..
Has anyone put an electric wiper motor in say a 1st generation 55 GMC truck
successfully?

--wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org