[oletrucks] Re: king pin upgrade

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: king pin upgrade
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@dot11net.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:28:23 -0500
When I did it I also had the front suspension parts powder coated,
so I had it completely disassembled.
It wouldn't really be necessary to disassemble the brake and backing
plate from the spindle.
I also had some confusion about the grease caps.
In the bushed (stock) setup the grease caps are driven in place.
In the Royal setup, the grease fittings are on the ends of the king pins,
and the grease caps are installed like large washers under the grease
fittings.
It took a while to contemplate that, then call tech support for reassurance.
It wasn't stated in the instructions clearly enough, nor was it
mentioned in the online article.
Also the powder coating created a bad fit between the spindle and axle
because of the added thickness.
It took a while to come to grips with the problem and realize it would
be ok to file off the coating where they meet.

regards,
Leon