[oletrucks] Truck or car preservation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Truck or car preservation
From: MARK TREUTELAAR <oldphones@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
Ive got a 1936 Studebaker   . I want to  store it away for  a retirement
project . Im going to either do a frame off restoration eventually  when I
retire in 10 years . Ill probably ecoat the doors fenders and other parts to
store away . what could I put on the shell to preserve it that would be
inexpensive (It will be stripped down sometime in the  long future ) Ive heard
of people brushing on House paint . Would that help preserve it ?  On the
undersides  Icould use PoR15   I just wondering about houepaint or if anyone
here has any low cost better ideas . Spraying is not an option . The sheet
metal is very good (very few dings ) with for the most part very little rust as
this is a Texas vehicle . Any help would be appreciated