[oletrucks] original oil fitting

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] original oil fitting
From: "T Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:44:20 -0400
I will call around tomorrow for this fitting, but I thought I would ask here
first to see if someone knows if these are available and from where.

http://www.coopscorner.com/55truck/55misc/oilfitting.htm

It is the fitting that goes in the back of the original oil gauge on a 1955
Chevy 2nd Series. I actually think both fitting are the same. I found a kit
with a plastic tube, but the fitting that goes to the gauge will not work,
and I don't think the fitting I have will work on plastic. I found a copper
line kit also, but it has different fitting as well.

Are the original fitting reuseable, can I use these fitting on a new copper
line? I feel sure these fittings are available, but I need to find out from
where.

            Thanks

            Tom in SC

            1955 Chevy 3100