[oletrucks] always somethin

To: "'Oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] always somethin
From: "T Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:29:07 -0400
Well I finally cranked up my truck after a year. I didn't have the radiator
mounted, I just cranked it to see if the oil pressure would come up and get
some power steering fluid flowing to see if my steering works.
Well my fule line leaked at the pump but I got that fixed no problem.
However the power steering pump squealed like a banshee, but the more fluid
I add the quieter it seems to get.  I did see a leak in the steering gear
box, it looks like it is some place around where the shaft connects. Does
anyone know if power steering stop leak is worth the money or should I just
save up and get a steering box?

I also have an oil leak coming from behind the oil pan. It looks like it is
just the rear seal of the oil pan and hopefully not the rear seal. When I
dropped the pan I noticed some light colored oil and weird looking sludge. I
know it is very possible it is some water in the oil, but my question is how
possible is it to be from condensation? I had the radiator connected to it
the last time I had it running, that was a year ago. I didn't have any
indication of water getting in from the dipstick or a loss of water. Then
again I didn't drive it on the road, just in and out of the shop.
I was going to put another oil pan gasket on and crank it up and check the
compression. I would think a compression check would tell me about a head
gasket but not intake gasket. Any comments are always welcome.

I am in SC and it is humid here..Tom