RE: [oletrucks] Re: Ram Horn exhaust

To: <jgwolford@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Ram Horn exhaust
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:19:15 +0000
jim
have the manifolds re-surfaced at a machine shop. that should solve your
problem.
replacing the doughnut gasket might indicate excess movement in your motor or
your exhaust system.
Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and
going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and
freaking out like everyone else in the car.  > From: JGWolford@aol.com> Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:06:58 -0400> Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Ram Horn exhaust>
To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net> > I bought some reproduction 2 1/2 inch corvette
ram horn exhaust manifolds > for my 57 pickup. Headers usually leak and I
wanted a stock appearance but did > not want to sacrifice performance. The
problem is I have a persistent leak > on the passenger side. I have changed
the gasket between the manifold and > head twice, first using copper gaskets
than finally using the standard foil > paper type. Also having changed the
donut gasket twice, I am wondering if there > is a leak around the heat riser
tube which is not has snug as it could be. > This is really frustrating and I
am about ready to break down and take it > over to Midas. Any suggestions
would be helpful.> > Thanks,> > Jim> Foxborough, MA> >
http://revealyourinnerathlete.windowslive.com?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WLY
IA_whichathlete_us