[oletrucks] Re:The learning curve

To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:The learning curve
From: JGWolford@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:35:31 EDT
You may remember my question regarding a persistent exhaust manifold  leak.
I changed gaskets including a set of expensive ones  made of copper and also
eliminating the spacer for the heat riser valve.   Removing the heat riser
valve spacer naturally required the removal of the  exhaust pipe so an
extension
on the header pipe could be welded in place.   The reproduction Corvette
exhaust manifolds are different from the stock truck  or sedan type in size and
also
that the left is an exact mirror image of  the right.  My alternator is of
course bolted on the driver side where as  nothing was bolted on the passenger
side which is for air conditioning.   The leak persisted after having the
passenger side resurfaced and I  discovered by accident that the leak was
coming
from the rear bolt hole after  passing my hand over it while the truck was
running.

Jim

1957 Chevrolet pickup
Foxborough, MA--in the shadow of Gillette

deal here.