[oletrucks] door pillar hinges

To: "'Oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] door pillar hinges
From: "Tom Cooper" <cooptnt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:35:56 -0500
I am gradually getting back to work on my truck.  I am replacing the inner
and outer driver side door skins. Is there an easy way to measure the hinge
mounts that are welded to the inside of the door? I want to get a
measurement before I cut the inside skin out. The bottom one is spot welded
to the inside door skin that I am replacing. Does anyone know of good
measuring points for the inside hinge part? Should I just measure and
replace best I can and hope I have enough adjustment to compensate? Also I
have looked at a couple sites but so far no luck on locating a bottom hinge
mount. If anyone knows where these can be found please pass along.  Thanks
for the help.

                        Tom

                        1955 2nd