Re: [oletrucks] ETHICS Survey

To: Dan Bentler <dan.bentler48@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ETHICS Survey
From: "mark@noakes.com" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 22:57:54 -0400
1--Do what you want; everyone will have an opinion but no one has the
vested interest that you do. Don't worry what anyone thinks.

2--It's not a stock truck anyway so it would take quite a bit of work to
make it stock. Many would object if you were hacking pristine vintage
hardware, but you're not.

3--Keep very good records of what you spend and how long it takes and
report to the group. From the political climate these days our vehicle
hobby is going to have to change though I don't think anyone has an idea
as to what it will look like in 5 -  10 years. This conversion would be
one of many data points to consider. Some kind of a hybrid may be more
realistic...but we could use the data anyway. I know of a couple of
Corvair 95 pickup electric conversions but don't know any technical
details, costs, or performance numbers...but the Corvair 95 weighs
significantly less than a TF pickup.

4--How did you decide on a 50hp motor and its suitability per size for
the vehicle, what battery technology are you going to use, where will
you put the batteries (seems like filling the bed is the only option),
how much will it cost, and what would you expect for life, charging
time, etc.?

5--What's the intended use of the vehicle and what do you expect for
range and performance?

Mark Noakes (yeah still around but not working on old trucks or anything
else for now)
58/56 Chevy Suburban
58 GM NAPCO wideside