[oletrucks] spark plug wires

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] spark plug wires
From: "Tom Cooper" <cooptnt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:53:31 -0400
I bought new plug wires for my truck today. I checked the ohms on the old
wires. With my meter set at 20k, the coil wire read (.50) and the longest
wire was (2.01) I checked the new wires and they range from (3.0) to (12.0),
I guess it was past time to get new wires. I will change them out this
weekend and hopefully it will run smoother.
I did but some dielectric grease to put on the inside of the spark plug boot
but I have heard mixed reviews on the grease. I heard it might get hard and
brittle, anyone have anything good or bad regarding this grease?

               Thanks again for the help,,,Happy 4th to all

               Tom in SC

               1955 2nd Series 3100