[oletrucks] condensor question

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] condensor question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:36:10 -0700
I'm having a real problem with my 235 missing and backfiring. When I put a
test light across the low tension lead to the distributor and the battery, it
lights brightly when the points close, as expected, but when they are open it
continues to glow. Is this because the condesor is storing energy and it's
normal or do I have a short somewhere? I've never seen this on any other
vehicle. I've regapped the points, out a different set in (not a new one,
didn't think to buy that when the stores were open), no difference. I did put
a new condensor in though.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob