[Oletrucks] Ignition switch question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Ignition switch question
From: "Charles Culver" <smokey@railops.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:42:43 -0600
I need a little help with an electrical problem.  Accidentally pulled some
wires loose while replacing a speedometer cable on the '50 3600, and now I
am not getting fire when I try to start the engine.  My "ignition switch"
has a terminal for the battery and one for accessories.  I do not use the
ignition terminal because the starter pedal is on the floor.

So I have 2 ignition switch terminals to hook up wires to so that when I
turn on the key a circuit is closed and I get fire when I start the engine.
One terminal has a hot wire from the battery.  That one is hooked up.  The
other one has accessories such as blinkers, gas gauge, radio etc.  They all
work when I turn the key on.  I am not sure where the missing wire comes
from, but I would think from the distributor or coil (?).

Thanks for your help!

Smokey