Re: [Oletrucks] Recommendation for replacement of driveshaft and

To: "Jerry and Phyllis Charles" <jpchas@att.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Recommendation for replacement of driveshaft and
From: "james hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:37:54 -0800
Jerry:

Think it would be more cost effective to go used another rear end & drive
shaft. I had a 75 rear end re-bearinged and possi installed by local
moonlighter for $600.

I picked up a good used drive shaft (think Ford ) from a junk yard for $35
the correct length ( measured center of u-joints ) and had NAPA install
u-joints to agree with my 4L60E trans & GM 12 bolt rearend for $75
- they make all kinds of u-joint designs to agree with unusual fits as long
as you know what ends you need.

Jim
55-1st P U