Re: [Oletrucks] 261 vs 292

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] 261 vs 292
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:16:33 -0800 (PST)
my personal choice-if 261 unavailable i choose a 250 over a 292 ANY day!!!

292 can be a real gas hog.  the 250 stock is a super strong motor and if you
want to rebuild-pump it up to 9.00:1 compression and get a ton of power....

advantage of a 261-bolt directly to OEM bellhousing.

250 bolts to any 1955-later bellhousing or automatic, lighter and as strong as
a 292. i got 16-17 in my 52 1/2t with 5/6 cylinders running for over 5 years
before i sold it. it never ran right cause of bad cyl and junk carb and even
then-i towed a car trailer all over the country with AD trucks on it and it
never hesitated...

250 over 292 any day.
302 over 270
270 over 261
248 over 261
261 over 235
228 over 235
anything over a 216
mark

--- On Tue, 12/22/09, oletrucks-request@autox.team.net
<oletrucks-request@autox.team.net> wrote:Please provide feedback on the
virtues of the 261 versus the 292.  I had my
heart set on a 261 but am having trouble finding one but have found a 292
that
is available.  If anyone knows of a 261 for sale, that information will also
be greatly appreciated.  This engine will be used in a 1958 panel truck that
will be mostly period correct but built to be driven under current conditions
and speeds.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Rick Kremer