Re: [Oletrucks] Oletrucks Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Oletrucks Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:37:49 -0800 (PST)
um-my mistake.
the 4.3 i am referring to is a gas motor that is the chevy 350.

biofuel is biodiesel or anything other than straight diesel or straight veggie
oil.

for veggie(anything purely filtered instead of refined) you need fuel heater,
and/or tank heater-youre starting to get out of my realm of brains... plenty
of google sites that will talk your eyes off.

bio fuel is starting to require city permits and other issues. it requires
either a good pocketbook to buy a kit system or a lot of brains(im lacking) to
build youre own.
plus you must buy/store chemicals some of which are caustic.

i have yet to drive my 4BTA in anythign other than the original installation
which is a 8,000 pound fritolay truck. with gearing and the fact that it is a
8 foot square slab of house trying to punch through the air-it topped out at
55 on the freeway but got there REAL fast and made over 15mpg doing it!

check out
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php?s=60f56802d89d6d01ae0e3f95e559c972
to read about guys getting 28-29mpg in 7,000 pound rigs going 75mph with
offroad tires.
street rigs get over 30 all teh time.
base power comes in 4 flavors
110/300
120/345
130/360
230/450
is horsepower/torque ratings off my memory

http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/260874-4bta.html

your question is the same as a hundred other people-google...

as far as if i think it is enough-my 4BTA better be enough-i plan on stuffing
it in a rig that will be 4500# curb wieght, with capacity for 9 passengers and
teh ability to tow my 7,000 gross car trailer.
i dont expect to win any races but i have no doubts as to its pulling power
when coupled with the correct final drive ratio.
mark

--- On Sun, 1/24/10, oletrucks-request@autox.team.net