[Oletrucks] My Trucks / Halogen Headlights

To: "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson@unctv.org>
Subject: [Oletrucks] My Trucks / Halogen Headlights
From: <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:26:22 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson@unctv.org>
To: "dennis mcgillis" <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] My Trucks / Halogen Headlights

> From: "dennis mcgillis" <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>
> Hi Mac,
>
> Are your headlights dim compared to original, or
> to a modern vehicle? The 7" round halogen
> headlights on my '65 are much better than the
> original T-3 headlamps, but not nearly as good
> as the halogen lights on a modern vehicle.
>
> Dennis
>
> Good day sir- I'm very curious about these headlights....
>
> Do they draw the same amperage as stock headlights?
>
> Did you have to make any modifications to your wiring?
>
> What make/model# are they?
>
> CJ Wilson

Hi Jeff,

Mine are Sylvania and I was wrong about them being
7" since the quad headlights are 5" but I also had
them on my '55 Cameo pickup with similar results.

The halogen lamp should draw more current but I
have never measured it to compare. They fit right
in place of the original and use the original wiring.

Both of my halogen lighted vehicles have 12V
systems. My '53 has 12V and it will also have
halogen lights shortly.

Dennis